Saturday, August 29, 2009

brazilian beats.

My current infatuation (always present yet, until now, a bit dormant), is the music of Brazil. Why I never fostered this interest in Brazilian sounds after hearing them repeatedly in my home, I cannot explain. So romantic, so endearing, so tantalizing, the melodies make you want to dim the lights, have a glass of wine, and enjoy la vida! (Cheesy, I know, but true.)

On my playlist: Trio Mocotò and their Samba Rock album.

Also, check out: Quarteto Jobim-Morelenbaum, Da Lata, Paulino Moska, Moreno Veloso, Jairzinho Oliviera, Jussara Silveira, and Eliete Negreiros.

1 comment:

  1. You and David Byrne, with your Brazilian music. I am actually boycotting Brasil at the moment, as Rio will probably get the 2016 Olympics over Madrid. Plus it's the only city in the running that's not home to a friend of mine. Disappointing.

    Also, I put on a d.j. mix that included "Say Whoa" last night (because I thought that was what the Spaniards were all about), but this dude changed it to put on the Gossip's "Standing in the Way of Control."

    ReplyDelete